Wednesday, January 15, 2003

Oh, the Weather Outside Is Frightful...
But who cares! I have a day off. A delightful, 100% day off. Whee! What have I done today? Nothing really. Lined up a small bit of private client work for tomorrow. Made a hair appointment. Chatted via IM to Elenarda and Paolo for an excessively long time. All the little tiny things that mean nothing, and are good for the soul to do from time to time. The laundry didn't get done, and neither did much housework (well, the kitchen is sparkling and shiny. Or was til I cooked dinner.)

Of course, being a girly swot I decided to take up my remaining free time for the semester (and longer?) by self enrolling in a friend's class in Islamic Fiction. In what I think is a pretty impressive feat, my friend Oliver designed an entire course in Islamic Fiction, and the University has rewarded him by letting him teach it. I think this will help his future professorial prospects greatly. And with my slowly growing interest in Islam and what with re-reading "The Map of Love" (see link at the side), I took advantage of recently designed syllabi to obtain a copy. Apparently there may also be a free book or two on the booklist lying around as well. Interest and free books. Huzzah! I've never taken a college comparative lit course, so this should be an interesting start.

Lexi seems to be mourning not the departure of Zeke, who left on Saturday. Rather, he seems to have reclaimed his space as footwarmer, chest warmer, and backwarmer, depending on what needs interference with at any given time. That is, when he isn't wandering in and out of the Weather Pixie window, which I think he has given up on at the moment since it is too cold to be outside.

It's my day off. So I'm not writing any more.
Love,
Anne

No comments: