I have a cold, and am thus incapable of original or profound thought.
Bold is for done, italics is for “Would like to do.”
1. Started my own blog - you're here, aintcha?
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band – ok, it was a very Linda McCartney tamborine, but still. I was on stage. Twice!
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than I can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland/world - ah, Florida, land of the flat
8. Climbed a mountain - oodles. On several continents.
9. Held a praying mantis - I have great photos of the wild one that was on my hand all the way down river in Malaysia
10. Sung a solo – Drunk, but into a microphone at Richard's house. Repeatedly.
11. Bungee jumped – not in a million years.
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea - cooler than something super cool
14. Taught myself an art from scratch - Calligraphy, knitting, bits of piano
15. Adopted a child - I would, but until recently I haven't had the means to support one. So it may happen yet.
16. Had food poisoning - often. It isn't pretty. Once was intentional salmonella for a drugs trial.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty - it was high and small. The claustrophobia was a bit much for me!
18. Grown my own vegetables - and I'm doing it again this year. I'm building a raised vegetable bed!
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France - you miss a lot of time in the Louvre to see it. I'm still not sure it was worth it.
20. Slept on an overnight train - trans-Canada, trans-Mongolian, lots of times!
21. Had a pillow fight - what would youth have been without it?
22. Hitchhiked - open for debate. I have taken lifts for short distances in the Falklands and in Brasil, but wasn't actually hitchhiking!
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort - my brother John is the most awesome snow fort builder and he helped his baby sister loads of times!
25. Held a lamb - every spring while growing up. Usually twins and we got to bottle feed!
26. Gone skinny dipping - on a few continents. Great fun.
27. Run a marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse - fabulous!
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset - many, many times. Never ceases to awe me.
31. Hit a home run - Total fluke in primary school. Mostly because the rest of the class was as inept as I was, but I was stronger.
32. Been on a cruise - not a big Princess Cruises sort of thing, but around the Galapagos and and chartered yachts other places.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors - I live there now!
35. Seen an Amish community - I grew up on the outskirts of them. No one ever talks about how the Amish have a great sense of humour.
36. Taught myself a new language - Spanish, Dutch, Brasilian Portuguese and American Sign Language.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied – then again, I'm easily satisfied!
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing - I suck at it.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke – in Tibet. This is the most popular evening entertainment in Lhasa. On street corners. To sing Jingle Bells in July.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant - after someone did this for my friend Emma when she was having a bad day, I opted to do the same for some other people at various points. It is a good thing.
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance - accident prone moi? But of course!
47. Had my portrait painted - daddy had mine and my sister's done They were rubbish and never displayed.
48. Gone deep sea fishing - and I'm pretty good at it as well.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person - a non-religious friend said it made him believe in God and I understand.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris - been to the base, but I'm a little afraid of heights.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkelling - Can't scuba dive becuase of my epilepsy but I love snorkelling. The galapagos with the seals and the hammerhead shark and all those sea turtles was the best!
52. Kissed in the rain - but my particular favourite is kissing in the snow.
53. Played in the mud - there's a great photo of Kats and I in a mud fight when we were 16.
54. Gone to a drive-in theatre
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China - it was incredible! I'd love to hike it from beginning to end.
57. Started a business - well, I've started lots of other people's businesses for them. Does that count?
58. Taken a martial arts class - Daddy made me take judo.
59. Visited Russia - one end to the other on the Trans-Mongolian Express. There's a lot of Russia.
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies – but I didn't win any competitions at it. I still buy them though. Lizzie ships them from the USA.
62. Gone whale watching - and also saw Killer Whales from the Vancouver Ferry.
63. Got flowers for no reason - one very romantic boyfriend. He also wrote me poetry. And yet, he sucked as a human being.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving - can't though. Epilepsy.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check - a few. Never happy about it, either.
68. Flown in a helicopter - over Gettysburg Battlefield.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy - Bernard is still on my bed.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone - seven at last count.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle - pillion, every time. But going across the Golden Gate Bridge at midnight that way was incredible.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book - give it half points. I was published in a few books. Articles here, a knitting pattern there. But never entirely my own book.
81. Visited the Vatican - quite a place. Incredible and bigger than it looks on TV.
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had my picture in the newspaper - oh, those basketball and rowing heydays!
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating - fish. Lots of fish. And a chicken or two.
88. Had chickenpox - twice. Yes, you can have it more than once, but I don't recommend it.
89. Saved someone’s life - well, maybe. A little Heimlich manouver. Helping people after accidents. But I suppose you never know if you actually saved their life. It may have had nothing to do with you in the end!
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous - but let's not start name dropping now!
92. Joined a book club - I guess I have now - Harvard Book Store's monthly signed first editions!
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake - and the Dead Sea!
97. Been involved in a law suit – I'm a lawyer for goodness sakes!
98. Owned a cell phone - got one now!
99. Been stung by a bee - though this is never good as I'm terribly allergic!