Tuesday, January 07, 2003

Day Two
There is now a link to the archives, which is the result of nothing I have done. It was not there yesterday, but it is there now. It does not, however, appear to actually link to the archives yet, so it is not really a link I suppose, but just a bit of text with hypertextual ambitions. Personally, I'm rooting for it to succeed.

It has happened, I am a student yet again. Class was shocking, only in that all my eager girlie swot tendencies have picked up right where they left off, only they are unleashed on a new, and therefore unsuspecting group of people. All the people I was in classes with before have graduated (naturally), so the only people I recognized were professors, of whom I bumped into rather a lot. The class itself (International IP licensing, for those who want to know) seemed interesting enough. The professor seems able, and we're a cozy wee group of six, evenly divided into three lads and three gals. Myself and one other woman are the LLM contingent, so far as I know. It was a class, what can I say? I suspect there is little doubt here in my wibbling on about the academic merits of the arguments pro and against conditional licensing and unconditional licensing. If this does intrest you, I recommend you either sign up for the class yourself, or get a good therapist because you just might need one.

What is quite amazing now to me is how I bound out of bed in the mornings, which is something I haven't done for a long while. There are a few reasons for this, most of them highly pharmacological. But it is a nice way to get up. I like having the extra time in the mornings, but really what I need to do is get up and start having more time for exercise. I have been engaging in sloth to a high degree. There is a place for sloth, but right now that place for sloth is somewhere else. My fat is starting to take over my body! I want to sign up for CRASH-Bs as usual, but don't really know if I'll be able to train for it properly. Maybe this year is the year to take off, or maybe this year is the year to just do it anyway. Hmmmmm, thinking, thinking, thinking.

The thing about being a student is that there is homework to do. Off to do it.
Love,
Anne

No comments: