Thursday, March 13, 2003

In Which Our Heroine Runs Out of Time
Well, that is that. The flat is *not* clean, although the lounge is making a stab at being tidy. The laundry is *not* done. Ellie has said she's fine with this. I really don't think she fully appreciates the situation! But nevermind. I still have tomorrow morning! Which should be just enough time to scrub the tub and wash the dishes. I can but hope, eh? Even the poor kitty, groomed as he is, isn't looking so hot at the moment seeing as it is time for him to shed his winter coat. Everything that comes out is out, but it still gives his fur a rather clumpy look.
Spring is really lurking just around the corner. Boat Race lineups have been announced, and one of Chris Clarke's kiddies made it into the Topolski dark blue boat. Clark was quoted in the Telegraph about the whole Boat Race Mutiny 16 years on, and still sounds like an unrepentant chid. He's a coach now - I cannot help but wonder how ballistic he'd go were one of his coachees to try such a stunt as he did. Never mind. He did make it terribly embarassing to be an American abroad and wanting to row, though!
Indeed, there is enough spring springing that Harvard and Radcliffe were out in 8+s this afternoon. Frankly, I have to say this was not the wisest thing they could have done. Firstly, there was only about a 500m stretch where they could go before having to spin, and secondly there were large chunks of ice floating down the river. At 14" thick, and five or six feet long, they'd knock a serious hole in a boat which would be expensive to repair. The ice near the dock is still thick enough for me to stand on, and stand on it I did. Ok, so it took a lot of prompting to get me to do it first. But it really does have me drifting off into daydream after daydream of sculling next week. Even though we are supposed to get three inches of snow tomorrow, it is supposed to be 10C all weekend and most of next week, so with the ice already broken up and drifting down, by Monday we should be good to go. But to scull I'll have to wait for the four oar rule to be lifted. It can't be too long!
I met a hottie named David yesterday, but I'll never see him again, so I will just leave that issue there.*Sigh.*
Poor old Ellie must be leaving her house right about now. Eek! It is all happening! It is happening!
In addition to everything else, I have to start coming up with workouts for my kids. Monday starts practice! Whoohoo! Time to get down to it!
Love,
Anne

No comments: