Friday, March 14, 2003

In Which Our Heroine Goes All Girlie
It is snowing, but spring has still entered into la casa del Anna. First, Elenarda has arrived. Complete with bairn, and there's nothing like a baby about to make one feel springy. Plus, she has brought over for me a nice new outfit from Sally's - very springy. Cream trou and a girly silk blouse. Lighter than air, that thing is. Looks great. The trousers will look even better when I lose five pounds, but roll on cycling to practice and sculling, and we'll be fine. By Memorial Day (when one can wear white trou without being arrested by the fashion police), I'll be a svelte babe again.
And I will smell like one too. Because Elenarda has armed me with my favorite delights in the world. Products from Lush. Why Lush does not have a shop in Boston or the USA for that matter I don't know. But they don't. Consequently, Lush products must be hoarded at all costs. The bath bombs, the soaps, the massage bars, more bath bombs, and just because she liked the name something called "Buffy the Backside Slayer." I, too, have considered caving at that one. She's bought me some lovely dusting powder to go with the shirt. In the Lush tradition of things having odd names, it is called "Silky Underwear." But darn, I smell good!
Getting poor Elenarda here was an event. First off, it started snowing again. Nothing major, but snowing. Then, she was loaded down with baggage (all pressies for me, near as I can tell. And baby gear!) and baby. I thought the best way to see Boston for the first timewould be to take her on the boat from Logan to downtown, and we did this, but the snow meant that you couldn't see a darn thing! So that was a bit moot. We managed to grab a cab, or actually a livery car (fixed rate. Excellent.), and the driver went out of his way to show her around, give her the guided tour, the whole nine yards. Beacon Hill, Back Bay, all of it. Gaslights in the snow. She seems very impressed! We shall see tomorrow. Then becomes the whole challenge of her getting around.
Love,
Anne

No comments: