Monday, April 21, 2003

In Which Our Heroine Jumps Out of the Frying Pan Into the Fire
Well, that is one week down, lots of work ticked off. So it is Easter vacation week. And what does it mean? It means.......twice a day practices with the niblets. Trying to arrange races. Getting the kids to turn up, when they'd rather be on vacation. Hey, so would I! Plus, tomorrow I'll squeeze in my first practice run as a Make Way for Ducklings Tour Guide. I shall be taking my favorite three year old, and possibly one of her friends, on a practice run through Beacon Hill. Then I can do it later in the week for Liz, to practice as well. Do I know my column types? Here's hoping.

Still, to celebrate the Easter holiday, I headed out to church this morning. Pomp, circumstance, all the full works. Say what you like about Trinity, they do manage to put on the full palaver pretty well. I was going to go to the 6pm service with Matt, but he had given up maple syrup and beer for Lent, and decided that he couldn't make it another day without maple syrup. So we opted for the earlist service Trinity had, which seems to have been a good call as the 8am service, despite there being no parking and major barricades due to tomorrow's Marathon ending there in Copley Square, was almost standing room only, and there was a line around the block when we left, 45 minutes before the 10am service. Wise move on our part. And we even managed to snag a parking space. It is funny going to church with Matt, as there is a torn commitment there. Our friend Tim sings in the choir of another church in Cambridge. So somedays it seems like dueling Episcopalians - which church should we go to today???? Somehow this seems slightly inconsistent with Christianity in its way.

Bracing for tomorrow,
Love,
Anne

No comments: