Thursday, December 26, 2002

The Return of the Blog
Well, here I am again. I didn't post all throughout Asia, as it was a bit of a pain to write the e-mail, and then copy and paste, and log in and post, etc etc. If you're interested in reading the trauma that was Asia, my travels with a lad named "Disco Tits" (he's such a love), blindness in Mongolia, the kindness of the Finns, and all the rest, read here: .

It has been interesting being home. A lot has changed, starting with my living room. I painted it blue. And spruced up the white trim. Then I moved on to the bathroom, and am currently plotting painting the bedroom (just white again) and in fact sketching out a calligraphic mural for the bedroom wall. There needs to be a large piece of artwork there, and since I can't afford to buy one, I am going to create my own. I initially started to fret over picking an appropriate piece of text to cover such an area, but then almost immediately realized there would be nothing better for me than my favorite Pablo Neruda poem. Now I just have to decide whether to write it in the original Spanish or the translated English. I'll play with the art in both languages and see what transpires.

People have been to visit, but I have to say it didn't go well, as I've just been so tense and angry and afraid of everything. This has now changed (better living through chemistry) and I find myself trying to pick up some pieces that I really never meant to break.

Oops, must run. Sudden dinner plans. More later!
Love,
Anne

No comments: